Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

AWKWARD. 
- So there was a baby in the NICU who was born earlier this week but wasn't named until today. When the mother was telling us the name over the phone, the nurse had to ask her to spell it because, well, let's just say the name was interesting (see this video for an example, or just to laugh) and had lots of apostrophes. Someone else in our little pod heard the name and then looked over at the only person that was the same race as the baby and says, "Why do your people always have to do that? Why can't you just name your kids normal names?" EEEKKKK. The person she said this too was someone that came in the NICU ever so often to do screenings on the babies, so it wasn't like a joke between friends.  My eyes got really big and I had to turn away because I just couldn't handle the awkwardness.

AWESOME. 
- This actually happened yesterday but its still awesome. Brandon made dinner from beginning to end and the only help I provided him was directions over the phone. It involved using the stove AND the oven, so he gets points for complication! I am so proud of him and I think he is secretly very proud of himself also. He may not be so proud of himself when he realizes that this means I KNOW he KNOWS how to cook. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment