Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Last Night's Dinner: Spicy Chicken Salad

I have no desire to make this a food blog, but food is a big part of my life so I wanted to incorporate it into the blog. Ever so often I'll do "Last Night's Dinner" posts... I hope you enjoy them!

This is a secret family recipe that I'm getting ready to share with you. My mom has been making this for as long as I can remember. Here's the secret ingredient:



Chef Paul's Magic Seasoning Blends: Poultry Magic. It's delicious. Don't look at the sodium content. You're going to eat this chicken on top of a salad, so don't worry about it.

Here's everything that you're going to need: 


Olive oil, soy sauce, one lemon, one pound chicken (skinless, boneless chicken breasts) and the magic seasonings. 

My vegan friends can use tofu instead of chicken. I've tried it, it tastes pretty good. 

Here's what you're going to do: 



Cut up your chicken and then prepare the marinade. I pretty much just eyeball everything now, but you're going to want to use an equal amount of all of your liquid ingredients. Normally what I do is squeeze the lemon to see how much juice I get and then match that same amount with soy sauce and olive oil. It should be enough to coat the chicken. There's no need to get real technical here- you really can't screw this up. It's going to taste good. Once you've got your liquid ingredients, cover the chicken with the magic seasonings. Once you think you have enough, add some more. Seriously, add way more than you think you need. Like I said, don't look at the sodium content. 

If you have time, let the chicken sit in the marinade for an hour or two. Or all day. It doesn't matter. If you don't have time just go ahead and through it in the skillet. I usually pre-heat the skillet until it piping hot and then throw the chicken in there to sear the marinade on. Turn down the heat to medium to cook the chicken through.  


Yum. It smells so good you will probably have company in the kitchen. 



Now, once the chicken is done you can use it in many different ways. Tonight I used it on top of a salad (Ranch is the best dressing to pair with this, but Caesar, Greek and some vinaigrettes work too). You can also use it with Alfredo noodles and steamed broccoli (that's the first meal I made Brandon. It's delicious, trust me.) or you can marinate whole chicken breasts and grill them. 

Obviously I don't have the whole blogging thing down because I forgot to take a picture of our salads. They were REALLY good, let me tell you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment